Sunday, November 1, 2009

our extended hiatus

Hello all- if anyone is still watching.

Let me see if I can "fast forward" for everyone. I'm not the video person, Matt is, which can present a problem for a video blog when Matt gets crazy busy.

Matt's done so much over the last month including getting stressed out enough to have a relapse of shingles. He's taken some time to focus on something a little bit different right now. This helped me to think about things in a different perspective.

Since we have not been video-ing anything I've started to get really discouraged, and really slack. But to help steer me back on course, I will admit to you that my current weight has risen a lot more than I am happy about... Keep in mind this is after a crazy Halloween cheat weekend. I'm now BACK up to 177. I could not be more frustrated.

Matt and I decided to sit down and try to figure life out once again. It's a tricky thing- life. I came to a realization. Matt and I were not only trying to focus on everything ever, but we weren't putting the Lord first like we REALLY wanted and needed to.

When Matt and I were trying to lose weight the first time around, we also had developed a daily habit of praying together, every morning and night. Our life has changed SO much over the last year. This is NOT an excuse to not pray together, however, our habit was no longer well established.

I realized that as we strive to reestablish this habit along with daily scripture study together that we will have the strength to fight off temptation. That's right, junk food/ eating out temptations. I realized that Satan was going to do anything within his power to tear me apart. And he knows that I do not like being fat, and that it depresses me and upsets me and I really get down on myself about it. I also know that my Heavenly Father knows this, and that he will give me the strength to resist the temptations of Satan-- even if it is just a candy bar. I know it sounds silly, but I'm actually really curious to see how well our plan works out as we strive to be closer to our Savior. I'm sure there will be a change, I'm just kinda wondering how noticeable.

SO there ya go folks. I'm WAY excited about the month of November, not only because I've got about half my Christmas shopping done, but because it's going to be a GREAT month, with a FRESH start. I hope you'll join us!

ps- I hope to have a video blog up sometime soon. Please stay tuned!!

3 comments:

katilda said...

You can do it Brucie! (I hope you've seen Matilda and know what i'm quoting...except, DON'T eat chocolate cake, in this situation.)
But really, it's fabulous that you guys have re-evaluated your plan and focused on the GOOD stuff. Dumb old candy bars got nothin' on you now....

Our Abundant Life said...

I love the Cobbs, esp. Millie. I understand the temptation battle. Sometimes we tend to put our wants first and thats when things just do fit the way we would like them too. I know that battle a little to well. However, I know that once you conquer that battle things just fall into place. Yay Team Matsey

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about the same thing lately. A quote keeps coming to me: "True doctrine, understood, changes attitude and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior." Boyd K. Packer
I know Heavenly Father wants me to be healthy and I know He will help me as I learn to be obedient and to follow His Son. Changing habits to were I will put Him first will also help change habits for my health!! The important thing is not to give up even when we are just hanging by the nails.

Post a Comment